Share | 

The Basics.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IckyTv
Admin

PostSubject: The Basics.   Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:51 pm

GAMEPLAY:

* You cannot run the same 5-6 plays a game, switch it up and call different types of plays. Running out of only one or two formations a game is different, it is completely acceptable. If you spam a play (read option, sending 5 deep and just scrambling with QB) every down or even very often you will receive a strike & if it happens again you will be kicked, and therefore banned from the league.

* We're trying to keep this a Sim league, so punt on fourth down in realistic situations. I trusted that most people would follow a similar unspoken guideline on this but it isnt the case. YOU CAN GO FOR IT ONLY ON 4th & 1 OR LESS WITHIN YOUR OPPONENTS 35 YARD LINE IF YOU CHOOSE TO. 4th & 2 OR MORE YOU MUST PUNT OR TAKE YOUR FIELD GOAL.

* Do not restart against the computer, do not rage quit on your opponents. Be a good sport, and just take the loss there are 15 other games in the season.

* You can only no huddle all drive when you are down in the fourth quarter, or when you're trying to score before the end of the first half. Outside of that, do not no huddle all drive and try to not do it alot in the game. A few times is understandable so try to keep it low.

* Do not run the score up, you know when you have someone beat. Should that time come, start running the ball more, milk the clock, etc. There is no need to score more than you need to, be a good sport.

* If there is ever a problem with opponents disconnecting, supposed rage quitting from an opponent, or anything just let me know.

* No Fag D. Do not in ANY situation put all 11 players into zone or man coverage, you must send at least 2 rushers on all downs and in all situations.

* Do not reroute receivers mid play. (This rule, as well as the former are implemented to counteract each other) it's cheap and too easy to exploit and not easy enough to defend.

SET-UP:

*All trades must be approved, there is a committee of 5 (myself included) you need 3 approvals to have the trade go through. NO COMPUTER TRADES.

ANY TEAM THAT TRADES WITHOUT CONSENT/APPROVAL WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TRADE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON.

* The league will advance 3 times a week. Every Mon, Wed, Fri at 11Pm CST (12 EST, 10 MST, 9 EST). However if games get done before the advance time i will advance the league early.

If you know that you cant make a game, please let me know or your opponent know as soon as possible.

**NEW RULES**

** It has come to my attention that some of you, are scrambling outside of the pocket and running straight towards the sideline with the intention of pulling the outside linebacker in towards you. The AI will ALWAYS pull down because they think you are going to run. I understand the pocket collapses sometimes but some of you are doing this 4-5 times a drive! It needs to stop, if you're going to scramble then scramble but don't keep doing that to pick up easy yards.

**Any owner that misses 3 games in a row without telling me beforehand that they wont be available will be booted from the league.

Last edited by IckyTv on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:47 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://themaddennation.forumotion.com
IckyTv
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Basics.   Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:03 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://themaddennation.forumotion.com
IckyTv
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Basics.   Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:47 pm